Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Days 11 & 12: What I'm Thankful For

Day 11: Today, I'm thankful for music. I've played music since I was in the fourth grade, and I've been writing music for about 4 years now. There is something about playing that gives me a release like nothing else can. When I'm sad, I can strum on my guitar, or pour my feelings into a song. When I'm happy, and can express the joy in my heart without restraint, without worry. Music is also something that I got from my father, and since he's no longer with us, it's nice to know I always have a little piece of him with me :)

Band Geeks for life... no shame here!


Day 12: I'm also thankful for my education. While I don't know how or if I'll use my major in the future, the critical thinking and problem solving skills I gained in my four years at Wooster are invaluable in any workplace, and in life. I was blessed to grow up in a wonderful school district, where all the kids had enough up-to-date materials, computer labs, and curricular activities that prepared us for college. Because I have a solid education behind me, I'm now able to be poised for grad school when the time is right. Very few people in the world get to experience the life-long education that I've received, and I'm feel so blessed to count myself among the few college graduates of the world.

Looking forward to my bright future!



No comments:

Post a Comment