Sunday, November 10, 2013

Days 6 & 7: What I'm Thankful For

Day 6: Today, I'm thankful for Hotman. Yes, you read his name right. He's from Indonesia. Hotman has been a companion to my mom and a father-figure to me for about 9 years now. When I was in school he carted me around and brought me dinner when I was staying at school late, always going out of his way to take care of me when my mom was busy working. Whenever I would go with him somewhere, he would always refer to me as his "American Daughter". He's still very important to me, and always will be. Thank you, Hotman, for everything you've done for my mother and I. I'm truly grateful for you.

He never likes smiling for pictures, but when he doesn't even try, he has the best, most genuine smile in the world :)
Day 7: Some other people I'm incredibly thankful for are my in-laws, Terry and Nancy. Like my new sisters, I haven't known them long, but they have welcomed me into their family with wide open arms. They are always there to give us valuable advice or let us borrow whatever we need to improve our lives as newlyweds. Nancy and Terry have been very generous with their time and skills as they have helped us to get established. I couldn't have asked for a better family to marry into :)

Now this is a family photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment