Sunday, November 3, 2013

Days 1 & 2: What I'm Thankful For

I've seen several friends on Facebook writing something they're thankful for every day in November. Normally, I don't follow the Facebook fad, but I truly believe that most people, myself included, just don't stop and count their blessings enough. I'm hoping that I can be more in-depth and appreciative when I'm not confined to a status update. Therefore, I'm writing what I'm thankful for on here.

First and foremost, I'm thankful for my husband. He keeps me steady when I'm losing my sanity, makes me take a break when I'm working too hard, and never fails to put a smile on my face. If you know me, you know I'm pretty silly, and he takes all of my silliness in stride (and sometimes even plays along).


I'm so grateful that he is a man of God, and while he knows he isn't perfect, strives to improve. In the almost-four months we've been married, I've already seen him grow so much, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the future :)

The second person I'm incredibly thankful for is my mother. My sister already wrote a beautiful post about how amazing she is, but hopefully I can convey as well as she did how awesome my mama is. My mom has been through a lot. She has seen more pain and hardship than I think most people do in a lifetime. Despite this, she remains incredibly strong, positive, and loving as she has always been. We're both a little crazy, and when we're around each other it becomes more and more evident that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)




Of all the useful things she has taught me over the years, I'm so grateful that she has been a living example of grace and love. She accepts everyone, no matter who they are. That kind of living love is hard to come by. Her examples of forgiveness have also taught me how to forgive, something I feel I am only particularly good at because of her. If I can be half the woman she is when I grow up, I'll be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment