Thursday, December 26, 2013

Post-Christmas Post

Let me start by saying that I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine :) It was certainly different for me this year, as it was both the first Christmas in Ohio and my first Christmas away from my immediate family. While different, it was still wonderful! Christmas eve Adam and I were both off, so we got some work done around the house, and made our last-minute preparations.


Our lovely Christmas tree :)
We also went over to Adam's parents' house on Christmas Eve and had a wonderful dinner, complete with purple potatoes! Naturally, I dubbed them "Willy Wonka Potatoes". We then watched Jack Frost and The Christmas Shoes, both of which made me cry.

I know, I know--- they're just movies.


Plot: Dying parent reminds other parent how important family really is.
Plot: Dead parent comes back to show his family how important they are to him.

Christmas day we slept in, and then headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Ladrach's for Christmas lunch. After stuffing our faces, we opened presents and visited. It was great!

Best Things About Christmas are: Family

FOOD

And dessert of course!

Adam and I got some awesome presents this year, thanks to the generosity of our families. Adam loved his shirt from my mom, which he so flamboyantly modeled for us in front of the Christmas tree.

My husband, the model.
So, so silly!



After we got home we FaceTimed my sister's family and my mom, and prepared our things for the indoor airsoft event today. 


Finally, we wrapped up our Christmas with a viewing of Christmas Vacation and some homemade Eggnog. All in all, I am so thankful for Christmas. Not only did we receive the gift of a savior, but an opportunity to spend time together each year to remember the important things, to say no to work for once, and spend time with family. I hope you all had a Christmas as merry as mine was, and have a happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment